What Is SPRO In BW Project?
1) What is spro?
2) How to use in bw project?
3) What is difference between idoc and psa in transfer methods?
1. SPRO is the transaction code for Implementation Guide, where
you can do configuration settings.
* Type spro in the transaction box and you will get a screen customizing
* Click on the SAP Reference IMG button. you will come to Display IMG
* The following path will allow you to do the configuration settings
SAP Cutomizing Implementation Guide -> SAP Netweaver ->SAP
Business Warehouse Information.
2. SPRO is used to configure the following settings :
* General Settings like printer settings, fiscal year settings, ODS
Object Settings, Authorisation settings, settings for displaying
SAP Documents, etc., etc.,
* Links to other systems : like links between flat files and BW Systems,
R/3 and BW, and other data sources, link between BW system and Microsoft
Analysis services, and crystal enterprise....etc., etc.,
* UD Connect Settings : Like configuring BI Java Connectors, Establishing
the RFC Desitination for SAP BW for J2EEE Engine, Installation of Availability
monitoring for UD Connect.
* Automated Processes: like settings for batch processes, background
processes etc., etc.,
* Transport Settings : like settings for source system name change
after transport and create destination for import post-processing.
* Reporting Relevant Settings : Like Bex Settings, General Reporting
* Settings for Business Content : which is already provided by SAP.
3. PSA : Persistant Staging Area : is a holding area of raw data.
It contains detailed requests in the format of the transfer structure.
It is defined according to the Datasource and source system, and is source
IDOCS : Intermediate DOCuments : Data Structures used as API working
storage for applications, which need to move data in or out of SAP Systems.
SAP BW Tips by : Viji
Some Daily BW problems
Tasks in Support Role and Infopackage Failures
Get help for your SAP BW problems
SAP BW Forum
- Do you have a SAP BW Question?
SAP Business Warehouse Books
SAP BW Books -
Certification, Interview Questions and Configuration
SAP BW Tips
SAP BW Tips and Business Information
Warehouse Discussion Forum
SAP Basis, ABAP Programming and Other IMG Stuff
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective
companies. The site www.erpgreat.com is in no way affiliated with
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity.
Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced
or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.erpgreat.com or the content authors.