|1) What are the different types of replication techniques?
1. ETL based replication using BODS
2) What is SLT?
SLT stands for SAP Landscape Transformation which is a trigger based replication. SLT replication server is the replication technology to pass data from source system to the target system. The source can be either SAP or non-SAP. Target system is SAP HANA system which contains HANA database.
3) Is it possible to load and replicate data from one source system to multiple target database schemas of HANA system?
Yes. It is possible for up to 4.
4) Is it possible to specify the type of data load and replication?
Yes either in real time, or scheduled by time or by interval.
5) What is Configuration in SLT?
The information to create the connection between the source system, SLT system, and the SAP HANA system is specified within the SLT system as a Configuration. You can define a new configuration in Configuration & Monitoring Dashboard (transaction LTR).
6) Is there any pre-requisite before creating the configuration and replication?
For the SAP source systems DMIS add-on is installed in
SLT replication server. User for RFC connection has the role IUUC_REPL_REMOTE
assigned but not DDIC.
7) What is Configuration and Monitoring Dashboard?
It is an application that runs on SLT replication server to specify configuration information (such as source system, target system, and relevant connections) so that data can be replicated. It can also use it to monitor the replication status (transaction LTR).
Status Yellow: It may occur due to triggers which are
not yet created successfully.
8) What is advanced replication settings?
A transaction that runs on SLT replication server to specify advanced replication settings like
Modifying target table structures,
9) What is Latency?
It is the length of time to replicate data (a table entry) from the source system to the target system.
10) What is logging table?
A table in the source system that records any changes to a table that is being replicated. This ensures that SLT replication server can replicate these changes to the target system.
11) What are Transformation rules?
A rule specified in the Advanced Replication settings transaction for source tables such that data is transformed during the replication process. Example you can specify rule to
12) What happens when you set-up a new configuration?
The database connection is automatically created along
with GUID and Mass transfer id (MT_ID).
13) What factors influence the change/increase the number of jobs?
Number of configurations managed by the SLT replication
14) When to change the number of Data Transfer jobs?
If the speed of the initial load/replication latency time
is not satisfactory
15) What are the jobs involved in replication process?
1. Master Job (IUUC_MONITOR_<MT_ID>)
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.