Structures in Human Resources
- Company code, personnel area and personnel
- Employee group, employee subgroup, payroll
- Organizational units, jobs and positions
- Which position does the employee hold?
- What tasks does the employee have?
- Where does the employee work?
- Which public holidays apply to the employee?
- How will the employee be paid?
- What are the employee working hours?
- How much holiday does the emplyee get?
Most important is the allocation of employees
to the structures in their enterprise as it is the first step in entering
the personal data.
You assign employees in infotype 0001, Organizational
Assignment which will include the employees in the
1. enterprise, personnel and organational structures,
2. company code, a personnel area and a payroll
3. positions, organizational unit, a job and
a cost center.
The personnel area is used exclusively in Personnel
Administration and is unique within a client. Each personnel area
must be assigned to a company code. The final element of the company
structure, also unique to Personnel Administration is the personnel subarea.
Grouping are defined for personnel subareas to specify which entries from
subsequent settings can be used for employees assigned to a particular
company code or personnel area. These groupings directly or indirectly
affect Time Management and Payroll Accounting.
Location-3 Location-4 Peronnel
Production Personnel Subarea
The administrative personnel structure consists
of the following elements:
1. Employee group
2. Employee subgroup
3. Payroll accounting area
4. Organizational key
The organizational personnel structure consists
of the following elements:
3. Organizational unit
In Personnal Administration, you use the object
manager to find employees whose data you want to display or edit. The object
manager is connected to the following transactions:
- Display HR Master Data (PA20)
- Maintain HR Master Data (PA30)
- Personnel Actions (PA40)
The organizational key improves the enterprise
structure and the personnel structure. You can use an organizational key
to carry out a further organizational assignment for employees. The elements
company code, personnel area and personnel subarea from the company structure,
help to make up the organizational key. The organizational key is a part
of the authorization check.
Get help for your SAP HR problems
SAP HR Forum
- Do you have a SAP HR Question?
SAP Human Resouce Books
SAP HR Books - Certification,
Interview Questions and Configuration
SAP Human Resource Tips
SAP HR Tips and Human Resource Management
SAP Basis, ABAP Programming and Other IMG Stuff
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective
companies. The site www.erpgreat.com is in no way affiliated with
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity.
Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced
or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.erpgreat.com or the content authors.