Consignment is a functionality in MM-PUR wherein you purchase materials from the vendor on a consignment-basis. When the delivery comes, the materials, though will be stored in your warehouse, are still legally owned by the vendor until they are consumed, i.e. GI posting (this is the only time you will be liable to the vendor).
You just have to make sure, you set up the following to run this function perfectly:
1. Maintain account determination
KNO G/L acct: GR/IR Clearing
2. Check field status compatibility at G/L account, posting keys in the IMG or run SE38/RM07CUFA to display fields compatibilities.
3. Set up output condition type KONS.
4. On the material master record, set special procurement indicator to 10 (consignment) at MRP2 view.
5. Create Info record for the consigned material and vendor-consignor. Be sure the info category is Consignment.
SAP MM Forums - Do you have a SAP MM Question?
SAP Material Management Books
SAP Materials Management Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.