I am working in Oracle 9i database. Now I want to store data in hindi format and also want to retrieve the data in same format. So how I'll set up the dataase so that it will possible.
For this I do not think Hindi Datatypes are needed.
We have implemented this and using UNICODE:
1. Create a Oracle9i database having UTF8 characterset.
2. Use NVACHAR datatype to stotes the Unicode data i.e. Hindi Data. For storing this data you have to set-up your front-end / client accordingly...And it has got many ways.....That's you have to decide.
3. Using NVARCHAR datatype will use the Database National Character Set for storage and it will store Multi-byte characters in less storage.
4. Once your data is stored, you can not see them via sql+ like we use for English characters. For that, you have to use isql+. You need to configure that.
5. The best part is that, configuring database in above character set also stores ENGLISH....as well as Mutibyte character sets like HINDI, Japanese, etc.
Do you have an Oracle Question?
Oracle Database, SQL, Application, Programming Tips
All the site contents are Copyright © www.erpgreat.com
and the content authors. All rights reserved.
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies.
The site www.erpgreat.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by any company listed at this site.
Every effort is made to ensure the content integrity. Information used on this site is at your own risk.
The content on this site may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of
www.erpgreat.com or the content authors.